Sunday, 17 July 2011

Cleaning Fairies to Number 7 please!

Rent Inspection!! - Those two simple words are enough to strike fear into my very soul. Well no, maybe that is a bit too melodramatic, but I hate and loathe rent inspections. I hate being forced to try and make my family home, which is usually cleanish but can look like a bomb has dropped very lived in ;) lol, look like a picture out of a design magazine.

I am somewhat of a perfectionist but my perfectionism is an all or nothing affair. If I can't make it perfect I would rather not even try. So there! :P. I clean the kitchen and within a few hours it looks as if I haven't touched it in about a month. Really.

My rent inspection is in two days time and trying to get this place tidy while being bombarded on all sides by hordes of four kids who I believe are deliberately trying to sabotage my efforts, is a battle that I am losing at the moment  <big sigh>.

Anyway, when faced with a very frustrating situation, I find humour is always good. I found these very funny notes to landlords while I was browsing the internet (instead of cleaning my house which I should be doing... ) hehe! I will start after I finish this post... I promise :D
  • The toilet is blocked and we cannot bathe the children until it is clear.
    •  
  • I want some repairs done to my stove as it has backfired and burnt my knob off. 
  • This is to let you know that there is a smell coming from the man next door. 
  • The toilet seat is cracked: where do I stand? 
  • I am writing on behalf of my sink, which is running away from the wall. 
  • Will you please send someone to mend our cracked sidewalk. Yesterday my wife tripped on it and is now pregnant.  
  • Our kitchen floor is very damp, we have two children and would like a third, so will you please send someone to do something about it.
  • Will you please send a man to look at my water, it is a funny color and not fit to drink.  
  • Would you please send a man to repair my downspout. I am an old age pensioner and need it straight away. 
  • Could you please send someone to fix our bath tap. My wife got her toe stuck in it and it is very uncomfortable for us.  
Now back to cleaning...  ;)


Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I love all comments. You are the best <3

Real Time Analytics