Saturday, 27 August 2011

Nuffnang Blog Day 2011





Blog Day was created with the belief that bloggers should have one day dedicated to getting to know other bloggers from other countries and areas of interest, and Nuffnang is proud to be celebrating the 6th Blog Day anniversary on 31st August 2011!






Nuffnang have asked us to spot 6 blogs that interest us the most, preferably those which are different from your own culture, point of view and attitude. Then we share why we like and recommend them.



I thought I would start off with one of my all time favourite blogs.

Be A Fun Mum

As the lovely Kelly says her blog is all about reclaiming the joy of motherhood in a fast-paced world. It's about loving the little moments which are like pieces of a puzzle, together creating a beautiful masterpiece. Kelly has a Love the Moment Challenge each month. It’s about capturing, noticing, celebrating and enjoying moments as they happen. I love this blog. It is positive and encouraging and helps put things back into perspective for me. It is all very do-able and a lot of fun and my kids love all her wonderful ideas.

Seven Cherubs

Naomi is absolutely inspiring! Her blog is a very happy place to be. She loves to inspire women to create happiness in their daily lives. As the blog name suggests she has seven gorgeous children. Naomi likes to keep it real and her blog is very true to her life. She is genuine and very likeable. Her focus is on inspiring, creating and believing. Her blog is so positive and her style of writing is just beautiful.


This blog is very close to my heart. Books are a passion of mine. I love them and I hope that I can instil my love of them for my children as well. So far so good. The Book Chook blog shares snippets discovered from the wonderful world and words of kids’ literacy, learning and literature. Susan is passionate about helping kids read, write and create, and she loves to find and share useful educational resources with parents, teachers and librarians. The very accomplished Susan is a writer, editor, teacher and reviewer. This is a wonderful blog for all things relating to children's books.


Styling You

This is an awesome blog. Nikki Parkinson, the creator, is the one, who knows all the great styling tips and information. As Nikki says Styling You is your online passport to looking and feeling your VERY BEST every SINGLE day. Her blog makes it that much easier to find which fashion and beauty trends are right for you. If there is a new product out there that you need information on or perhaps need someone to try it and let you know if it is good value or good quality then Nikki will do that for you. This blog is jam packed with info and it is just wonderful.



Wildlife Fun 4 Kids

Penny makes learning about Australian wildlife a lot of fun. She is a Wildlife Education Officer at a zoo and has been a Zookeeper too, so she knows her stuff. As Penny says our first and most important task is to instil a love of wildlife in our chil­dren. This blog will show what every­day par­ents and teach­ers can do to encourage a love and under­stand­ing of wildlife. She shows us what we can all do to help our wildlife. Penny has a cute blog post each month called Fauna Foot Friday. She posts a picture of a cute animals foot and some foot facts. Penny has some great ideas for activities with children, toddlers and soon babies too. This is quite new but it will soon grow in popularity as it is a great blog.


Three Li'l Princesses

I love this blog. It is well written and very welcoming. Kellie (or Princess No. 1) is a journalist of 15 years. As she says Step inside Three Li’l Princesses’s palace, where you can curl up with a good ebook, maybe some baby knitting, tinker away at winning cool stuff, cooking or photography. Then again, you can just pop in to catch up on the news, share stories or be reminded why you became a parent in the first place in this virtual mum's group. The Shed is where daddy blogger Julian hangs out and shares his views on life with his three li'l princesses.



I love this idea Nuffnang! Thank you for the opportunity to share some Bloggy love and let others know what wonderful blogs there are around.


Melanie


5 comments:

  1. Naww thanks so much for the mention Melanie. What a great idea to share your favourite blogs for Blog Day!

    You have awesome taste. I also follow all the blogs you have mentioned. They are all so fantastic and I feel very honoured that I was mentioned along side them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie, can I just say THANK YOU for the summary about my blog. It's so exciting to me that my vision and passion comes out so clearly. So thank you, thank you! I also feel so honoured to be named amoungst such wonderful blogs. I haven't come across Wildlife Fun 4 Kids before so I'm so excited to check them out. Sounds very much like my kind of thing! You're special. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you've made my morning, Melanie. Thank you. I feel so chuffed to be among such esteemed company. They are all fabulous bloggers. I agree with the above comments - you have impeccable taste!
    And what a fabulous idea on Nuffnang's part. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choices, I love all of them too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love all comments. You are the best <3

Real Time Analytics