Monday, 26 September 2011

Cherish Your Cherubs Project: Show Affection



This is the final week for the Cherish Your Cherubs Project. I feel sad that it is coming to an end. It has been wonderful to share my thoughts and feelings with everyone. Being able to link up with other like-minded mummys whose love for their children is obvious and indisputable has been heart warming and I feel very blessed to have been a part of it. Thank you Naomi!




This week the theme was SHOW AFFECTION.


Although I knew without a doubt that my mum and dad loved us kids, they weren't very demonstrative. Kisses and cuddles were quite rare. I vowed to change things with my own kids. I am glad to say that we have raised some very cuddly cherubs indeed. 


Bethany is a little cuddle monster. She is a very touchy-feely girl. Saying goodnight to her involves giving her at the very least three cuddles and two kisses. Sometimes it is hard to get out of her door.


Hannah pretends that she doesn't like cuddles. But I know that she loves her cuddles just as much as Bethany does. It is Hannah who will hold my hand when we are out at the shops and she will come and sit on my lap for a lovely cuddle.


Angus is a mummy's boy. He loves a good cuddle and I sometimes find him gazing at me with such love in his beautiful eyes that it makes my heart melt.


Joshua's cuddles are the best. His cuddles involve his whole little body snuggling into you. When he kisses, he just touches you with his little wet lips. It is just gorgeous.


My children are so different but they all need their cuddles. It is so important to them.






The Rescuing Hug
(Please take some time to read this article. It is just wonderful).





















What are some of the ways that your family shows affection?


Melanie



3 comments:

  1. I too am sad that this project has come to an end. I have so enjoyed reading yours and everyone else's contributions. That is a beautiful article about the premature twins. My twins whist they were born to term and a good weight settled and slept so much more happily when together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our childrens hugs are the best aren't they, doesn't matter how they do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing better than a "whole body" cuddler! I'm dreading the day my boys pretend they don't like cuddles - they will be getting them regardless :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love all comments. You are the best <3

Real Time Analytics