Wednesday, 1 May 2013

An Autobiography in 250 Words!



The story of my life in 250 words! I think I can do that.




I was born in Liberia, West Africa to English parents. I lived in Nimba, near a big iron ore mine, for the first 18 months of my life. We then moved to Southampton, in southern England. Because of all the busyness of moving to another country, we somehow missed my regular quinine medication and I got malaria. Thankfully there was a tropical diseases expert available at the time, and I was treated very well. I was very fortunate in old Southampton in the 1970s. A little while later I also got Bacterial Meningitis, and it was touch and go there for a while. It left me deaf in my left ear.

In 1972 we emigrated to Perth, Western Australia. We came out on ‘Fairstar – the fun ship’ :P Although at the time it was doing the long haul voyages from England to Australia and wasn’t a cruisey fun ship, as such. It has been decommissioned a long time ago now.

I spent all of my primary school years in Kalamunda. A picturesque town in the darling ranges, or up in the hills, of Perth.

We then moved to Brisbane, where I spent the next 10 years. Unfortunately in this time I lost my mum to cancer.

I then moved back to Perth. Met my future husband and ended up bringing him back to Brisbane in 2000.

Since then I have been blessed with four children. These gifts are the highlight of my life.

My youngest is now 3. Even though I am quite an ‘oldish’ mum, my kids keep my on my toes, keep me moving and keep me feeling young.




Story of My Life is hosting Blog every day in May.

Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less (or one paragraph... no one will be counting your words... probably)






Melanie


8 comments:

  1. What a full life you have lived Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your story Melanie. You sure are a great mum and well done on your blog. It has been a pleasure to get to know you through HIPPY and look forward to hearing how your kids are growing and learning each and everyday. Marie Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a lot to fit into 250 words, you have had quite a busy life so far. Can't wait to read more of you during the challenge. Leaving you some fairy wishes and butterfly kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! What a journey!! What a great challenge.. life in 250 words is definitely difficult! Well done :)

    #tust visiting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Impressive that you've been able to tell all that in just 250 words. I've spent the last two weeks telling my story on my blog, and it's taken thousands of words.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that must be hard to fit a whole life into 250 words - thank you for sharing, lovely to get to know you better :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to meet you. Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty picture. Love that you were able to tell us in less than 250 words all that information - now I want you to build on each paragraph and expand lol - makes me want to know more!

    Visiting from #TUST

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I love all comments. You are the best <3

Real Time Analytics